I’ve collected some of my favorite mompreneur quotes to inspire, encourage, and motivate you. Keep reading if you’re running a business through the chaos of motherhood!
If you’re a mom running a business while also raising kids, you already know either task isn’t for the faint of heart, much less trying to balance doing both at the same time. Now when I say balance, I don’t mean that business and raising kids are a perfect 50/50 split. That will literally never happen, and shouldn’t be the goal (you’ll drive yourself crazy trying to achieve it and burn out quickly!).
But as a mompreneur, or a mom who is a business owner, you “balance” things by adapting to the ebbs and flows of both mom life and business. Some days you have a sick kiddo and taking care of them is 100% your focus. At other times, you might be prepping for a launch in your business so pizza and movie nights are your go-to.
That’s the beauty of being a mompreneur, or a work-from-home entrepreneur who is also a mom. At the end of the day, it’s up to you how much time you devote to each, and you don’t have to justify that decision to a boss or anyone else, really.
Most of us running businesses while raising kids are fitting our businesses into the pockets of time we have amidst the chaos, especially if you have very young children as I do. (Three under five years old = all chaos all the time!)
Struggling to find time to work on your biz? Grab the free Quarter Hour Power guide and get more done in less time!
It can be hard to gracefully balance the two roles as mom and entrepreneur, but it absolutely can be done. I firmly believe that you can be a good mom and a good entrepreneur—it doesn’t have to be one or the other.
I also can’t stand when people say things like, “They’re only little once, just enjoy this time while you can because it will fly by. You can always run a business, but your kids are only small once.” Sure, they mean well. But the two roles aren’t mutually exclusive.
And if we’re being honest, I am a much better mom when I’m able to switch hats and run my business too. After spending all day negotiating with toddlers to put pants on and cleaning up spilled milk, I crave the way I can use my brain creatively in my business, and working on it truly does feel like self-care to me at times.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. This means if you make a purchase after clicking a link, I will earn a small commission at NO extra cost to you! Please read my full disclosure policy here.
In the book Your Blue Flame by Jen Fulwiler, she describes your blue flame as “ “…something you do, and were destined to do, that fills you with energy and adds love to the world.” That’s how I feel about running my business and this blog, and it is part of my mission to bring that love and encouragement to you.
Is running a business while raising kids easy? Heck no. But is it worth it? Absolutely.
So if you’re looking for some inspiration, motivation, and encouragement on your journey as a mompreneur, keep on reading. Here are 10 of my favorite quotes for you. Enjoy!
10 Mompreneur Quotes to Inspire, Encourage, and Motivate You
1. “What I am is a person who has battled through guilt and fear and other people’s opinions about how I should be living and came out the other side with a life that I love.”
– Jen Fulwiler, Your Blue Flame: Drop the Guilt and Do What Makes You Come Alive
2. “Give yourself permission to practice self-care and to make time for your own dreams, goals, and priorities.”
3. “Making money and making the world a better place are not mutually exclusive.”
– Rachel Rodgers, We Should All Be Millionaires
4. “I think every working mom probably feels the same thing. You go through big chunks of time where you’re thinking, “this is impossible – oh, this is impossible.” And then you just keep going and keep going and sort of do the impossible.”
– Tina Fey
5. “Your business is just a container for you to learn how to love yourself.”
– Sterling Jaquith, The Made For Business Podcast
6. “Do what you were born to do. You just have to trust yourself.”
7. “No matter how different women are, we all seem to share the guilt that we’re not doing enough. If anything, I would say that as long as you’re doing your best, it’s more than enough.”
– Jessica Alba, Founder of The Honest Company
8. “There is a tendency with anyone who loves any kind of work to fantasize that if you just had endless time for it, you’d be able to achieve perfection in this field. Yet what I’d discovered is that when you put love first, not only does your life improve, but your work improves.”
9. “If you can be successful in business while changing someone’s life for the better, there is nothing more gratifying.”
– Julie Agner-Clark, Founder of Baby Einstein
10. “We mistakenly think that serving others means putting your own interests and talents completely on the shelf. That approach, however, is a recipe for burnout. If you’re shoving aside the interests that fill you with joy and energy, you won’t be able to keep it up over the long term.”
Alright, mamas, it’s time to stop feeling guilty for being a mompreneur (or wanting to be one) and to lean into your business calling. This road isn’t easy, but it’s 100% worth it and it’s completely possible.
I hope these ten quotes have inspired, encouraged, and motivated you to keep going (or get started) in your entrepreneurial journey no matter what the details of your home/mom life look like!
And if you want to keep the momentum going, I’ve created a daily affirmations journal for moms and a gratitude journal for you that I think will be especially helpful. You can use the code HALFOFF to get either one (or both!) for 50% off from my Etsy shop. Enjoy!