So you want to join a direct sales company- but which one should you choose?
There are many factors that should go into how to choose the right direct sales company. If you take the time to do some soul searching before you join, you can really maximize your earning potential + enjoy what you’re doing- what combo could be better than that? (Well, except chips and queso… but I digress…)
Here are my top 6 tips for how to choose the right direct sales company:
- Choose a company with products you genuinely love. This will make sharing easy and natural, not forced and awkward. Plus, you’re gonna get discounts on the products so pick something you want to use and get a discount on in the first place!!
- Choose a company whose values align with your own. You’re going to be representing the company that you choose, so take some time to read up on them and make sure you can stand behind what they stand for.
- Choose a company that compliments your current lifestyle or a desired lifestyle change. You’re going to be using and sharing about the products, so you want to make sure that they are something you can easily talk about and naturally showcase how they will fit into your life. Here’s a secret- people don’t actually buy products, they buy stories and they buy from people they connect with. So you want to be able to easily create connections with how you share about your products.
- Deciding between companies with similar products? Compare the compensation plans! One of the biggest motivators for joining a direct sales or network marketing company is to make money. So you definitely want to choose one with a compensation plan that will help you do just that! Important questions to consider: what is the base commission rate? Can you earn a higher commission rate? If so, how? What kind of “fast-start” bonuses do they offer? What are the requirements to “rank-up”? Can you make money without building a team?
- Consider how saturated the market is for the product you’re looking at. Now I will say, this is a matter of perspective. I don’t necessarily care how saturated the market actually is, but more so how saturated it SEEMS in your newsfeed on Facebook or Instagram. If you have 10 friends all selling the same thing and many of your friends overlap, that may not be a great industry to choose. On the other hand, if no one in your feed is talking about your product (like magnetic lashes, for example) then that would be a great opportunity for you to bring something fresh and new.
- Make sure you’re clear on any monthly requirements or minimums. The last thing you want to do is get into a situation where you have to pay out of your own pocket in order to maintain your consultant status. You want to be able to actually MAKE money, not just get a discount, break-even, or worse- lose money. Be sure you understand exactly what’s required to maintain your consultant status so that you aren’t caught off guard later.
This list is by no means exhaustive, but it’s a great place to start when you’re choosing the right direct sales company for you.
Are you interested in makeup or magnetic lashes?
If you’re open to ideas, I’d personally recommend Tori Belle Cosmetics. Their main products are magnetic lashes + magnetic eyeliner, but they offer a full range of high-quality cosmetic products as well. (Oh, and they are all paraben-free, gluten-free, latex-free, and cruelty-free!)
I have been involved with many other direct sales companies before, but it wasn’t until I joined Tori Belle that I started to actually make money and grow a successful business. You can read more about it here or if you want to just jump in, head over here to get started. And as always, I’m happy to answer any questions you have! Feel free to shoot me an email at email@example.com.